Orlando Vacation Homes – Charles Valeston, La Rosa Realty: Before you decide on the style of home to buy answer this question. Are you buying this vacation home purely as a second home? That is, you will use it, then “lock it and leave it”. On occasion you may let certain family members use your vacation home. But you want the home available for your use anytime you or your family members wish to use it. If this is your goal, the style of the home is a secondary consideration and more to do with your particular creature comforts. Location is not as important except to your personal convenience and as a future consideration for resale.
This is a Mini-Hotel Business
However, if your objective is to generate rental income then please pay close attention. Single family homes and townhomes rent better than condos as they appeal to a wider mix of vacationers. These styles of homes can sleep 6, 8, 10, or more people, they can accommodate from small to extended families. The community location, amenities, décor and furnishing of the property has a huge effect on the popularity of the unit as a vacation rental. How much occupancy and rental income it generates has a direct effect on your potential bottom line. If it hasn’t occurred to you, then let it be stated clearly this is a Mini-Hotel Business. Additional considerations:
• Three or four bedroom properties work for the marketplace and there is no real difference in the demand of these units. You can purchase homes with larger numbers of bedrooms if you so desire. But it’s not mandatory to have a successful rental income.
• A single family detached home with a private pool is definitely a preference and will make a huge difference in occupancy.
• If a Townhome is your preference, always try to find one with a splash pool or family pool.
• In certain communities, this rules out three bedroom townhomes because they only have a spa tub or none at all.
• Communities such as Paradise Palms, Windsor Palms and Windsor Hills have splash pool in three and four bedroom townhomes.
A, B, and C Rated Resort Communities
It is worth repeating the LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION criteria discussed in the previous article. The resort communities that are closest to Walt Disney World, which are both guarded (24/7/365) and gated and with the greatest number of amenities in order of popularity are:
A Rated Resort Communities:
1. Windsor Hills
2. Windsor Palms (Wyndham Palms)
3. Emerald Island
4. Paradise Palms
However if you don’t mind being in a community minus one of these location criteria then you should look into these resort communities.
B Rated Resort Communities:
2. Terra Verde
Please visit www.vacationhomes-orlandofl for additional tips about vacation home ownership. In the meantime good luck and good house hunting.